Here at Red Mist Leisure, we are immensely proud at the success of our 10-strong portfolio of destination pubs across Hampshire and Surrey; 3 of which, offer beautiful hotel rooms for B&B breaks.
It goes without saying that when planning to stay at either The Stag on the River, The Red Lion or The Wellington Arms, your health, safety and enjoyment remains our top priority.
If you are planning to stay with us, you will notice that our rooms may look a little more stripped back, that the restaurant tables are no longer set with cutlery, glassware and vases containing pretty flowers and that our service may have changed a touch, but underneath it all, the heart, soul and character of what makes our pubs so special has very much stayed the same.
TAKING CLEAN TO A NEW LEVEL
The health, safety and hygiene of our properties has always been of the highest priority, but now we are pushing our standards even further, with a focus on key risk areas across our hotel operation. This means:
- Our staff will provide their usual warm welcome, but will now direct you (rather than escort) to your room.
- The arrival registration process will no longer take place in person at reception/the bar, instead, a registration form will be placed in your room to complete and return at your convenience.
- All non-essential items have been removed from hotel rooms and restaurants to minimise any contamination risk. You will see fewer ornaments, board games, kids toy boxes, books and magazines. So, should you like to have a flick through a magazine whilst you relax in your room, you may want to make a note to pack one in your overnight case.
- All non-essential accessories will be removed from your room including cushions, throws and dressing gowns (available upon request)
- The Wellington Arms will be leaving rooms vacant for at least 24 hours between guests staying in them
- Every guest room will continue to undergo a deep clean with heightened attention to all touch-points and surfaces.
- All housekeeping teams have undergone focused re-training on cleaning protocols and will be wearing PPE that is changed after each room clean.
- You will find an alcohol-based hand sanitiser in your room and also in the public areas of the restaurant should you require it.
- Card payments are preferred where possible
DINE IN OUR PUB RESTAURANTS
Food and drink can be the making of a special night away and despite all the changes, laidback dining and alfresco drinks are all still on the cards. We want you to enjoy eating in our restaurants as much as you always have, so we have made a few changes to keep you safe and happy.
- Breakfast at The Stag on the River and The Red Lion, will be served at your table, however, you will still have the same wide choice as you would from our usual buffet breakfasts.
- The Wellington Arms will be offering in-room breakfasts only, where you can pre-order your breakfast in advance and have it delivered to your room at your preferred time.
- We recommend booking a table in advance of your stay so that we can ensure availability and manage the flow of guests. We will ask you at the time of booking whether you wish to make dining reservations.
MAKING YOUR STAY MEMORABLE
Despite all the changes, our team are still infused with warmth and a can-do attitude, with the overriding aim to ensure your stay with us is special for all the right reasons.
In advance of your arrival:
- Should you be celebrating a special occasion, we can arrange bouquets of flowers, champagne, rose petals and much more, to be situated in your room when you arrive.
- Let us know if you plan to bring your bikes (or wish to hire). Available at selected properties only.
- Should you have any allergies or intolerances, please do let us know in advance.
During your stay:
- Each hotel website offers a range of ideas and suggestions should you be wanting to visit key attractions, distilleries or vineyards nearby. Our in-room information book also provides local walks and ideas on things to do locally.
- If you’d like to visit any of our sister pubs during your stay, just ask the team for recommendations and we will be pleased to organise a reservation on your behalf.
- Enjoy our in-room minibars or request room service (available at selected properties only.)
- Picnic boxes are available when requested in advance, should you be planning a day of exploring and would like to take lunch with you.